If you have some remnant woodland on your farm and would like to take some actions to protect or enhance it for the future, we would love to hear from you.
Some activities you might like to undertake could include :
- controlling weeds
- increasing woodland patch sizes and improving condition
- reconnecting fragmented remnant patches
- fencing off remnant patches to allow strategic grazing
- establishing appropriate grazing regimes to improve groundcover within a remnant area
- supplementary planting within the remnant area
- supplementing lost timber with other woody debris
We can provide funding to help with these activities if your remnant area is Box Gum Grassy Woodland. Don’t worry if you are unsure what type of remnant patch you have. Our project officer is more than happy to discuss with you and work it out.
To find out more about how to get involved please either send Tracee an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th of April 2022 and let her know you are interested. Please include your nearest town. Or you can give her a call on 0417 799 425.
White Box, Yellow Box, Blakely’s Red Gum Grassy Woodland is now listed as a critically endangered ecological community, and we can take actions on our farms to help it survive into the future. We are really looking forward to hearing from you and doing some awesome projects over the next 12 months.
This project has been made possible thanks to the NSW Government via the NSW Environmental Trust, the program is interested in collaboration between Government, the community, non-government organisations and industry.